Sunday, August 19, 2007

AIDS posters

You may find that I'm quite fond of posters about sex and AIDS. Why, I already skipped the propaganda thing with an AIDS poster anyway ^_^. Well, guess what, another post on AIDS posters. Yet again, it's a series of posters for a consulting organization. As you can see, most of the posting try to draw your attention and sympathy through eye contact. Messages were put in short sentences on a black background to help it become more prominent. The messages are, in my opinion, short and interesting enough to read. However, I think putting texts on black background doesn't help it to get that much attention though. Aside from that a little continuance between each sentences would really help (I don't see any in these posters at all). What's more, as I already mentioned, they have a whole series of these posters. Each of them aim for different type of people. Still, I find that they mostly concern how their family feels about it (you can see they all talk about sons, husbands, wives). Actually, there's one that talks a little about friends but in general these posters only target at people that is family-oriented. I like the way the designer play with anchorage in the first one.


Oh, and in the second one is it just me or those two' smiles looks really creepy? It remind me the kind of medicine in the Batman cartoon that the clown face guy often give his victims. These posters are published by London Lighthouse. You can find out more here (please note that there is 2 pages).

No comments: