Saturday, March 17, 2007

Simple and clean

I remember when I was in the L6-2 class. My lecturer often remind me to “KISS” (keep it simple, yes, yes I always want to understand it in another way but it is just not possible) because that mean I can say more with less. Until that time, I still belive that in order to make something looks marvelous, I need to make as much complex as possible. But as I started to learn design, I feel that my taste for art have change a lot. Now, works with less detail interest me more ( or may be I just become lazy but this is true). I also find it interesting because it give the works an elegence look. However, the hard part is that how can you represent your idea with such limitation and the mass still understand it.




Reference (I’ll edit these to Harvard refencing system it is required to do so but for now let just it like that):
Happy Halloween by smashmethod (deviantart.com)
In love and lonely (I can find the name of the artist yet I’ll edit this post as soon as possible) (deviantart.com)