Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kensei99's Belladonna

Well, according to what I've read in the reader, I have to talk about things that have inspired me. Then I think this post is appropriate. The work is from Kensei99. The work was a submission for a design contest (I think the contest's name is designary). The subject was "passion" and I think he has indeed describe the main subject through this work. That is also the reason that makes me really love it. I have always I like the idea of combining real-life photos and CG elements (I think this genre was called surreal photography). It give the feeling that the border between reality and fantasy has been blurred out. I also like the way the artist draw the hair (or grass or whatever it is but it is hair right? I mean, there's no way grass can grow on her head, right? unless,>_>... Well, just forget it, this is an artist's work anyway, everything can happen). It makes the work looks so complex, so chaotic just like when an artist passionately work on his work. In short, this is a great work. However, it absolutely does not inspire me or anything at all ......... errrr ......... >_> ........ wait ...... O_O ........Well, well, well, how silly of me, of course it has inspired me a lot. I mean, with all of those reasons above and then saying that this work is meaningless would be quite stupid isn't it? THEREFORE, you must believe me, this work has really inspired me a lot....You believe me right? right?

2 comments:

Justin Miller said...

You did the right thing. You don't need more than a few sentences to explain what you like or don't like about something you see. And I agree, this is a great work that shows breaking that line between reality and fantasy. I always enjoy works that do that as well.

Phuong Thao said...

I think this is very impressive picture...I like the way her hair (?! ^^) comes out from the paper...It let viewers feel it so real ^^